Please note: if an earlier link doesn't work, it may have changed following an update! Check the Category Labels in the side-bar on the right! There you can find animator drafts for sixteen complete Disney features and eighty-six shorts,
as well as Action Analysis Classes and many other vintage animation documents!

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Kay Nielsen Book Update

I was surprised to see a "Buy" button (in Danish "Køb") on the publisher Vandkunsten's website for the new Kay Nielsen book by Colin White. It was originally slated for last year - then changed to Spring 08. So I wrote the publishers for info on the English version. This is the disappointing answer I just received: "Don't let the Buy button fool you - it [which I believe to be both the Danish and English versions] is now slated for a late Fall 2008 publication."

[Nov. 2009: date now shows as February 2010.]
[Jan. 2011: date now shows as March 2011.]
[Apr. 2011: date now shows as October 2011.]

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous David says...

Do you know how much if any of Nielsen's Disney work will be in the book?

A friend owns nine pieces Kay did while at Disney's including three from The Little Mermaid.

Whenever I visit with my friend I always spend time admiring the Nielsen pieces he owns...they are absolutely stunning when viewed in person.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 at 8:05:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Hans Perk says...

Hello David - I have NO knowledge of the contents of the book. It is 300 pages, but I could imagine that most of these are about Nielsen's work as illustrator.

The exhibition in Denmark last year featured some 90-something amazing book illustrations, while there were 10 Disney pieces, including two from Mermaid. Whether this is indicative of the way the book has been planned, I have NO idea.

As I myself own an original Sleeping Beauty pastel story sketch by Nielsen, I know what you mean about them being stunning in person...

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 at 8:15:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home